• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nootropics (piracetam etc) - mega merged

LSDreamer

Bluelighter
I know piracetam has been discussed a lot, but I just want a quick answer. A friend of mine is suffering from MDMA-induced depression and I suspect piracetam could help him. What are some dosing recommendations?

It doesn't matter what does you take, seeing as the shit does absolutely NOTHING at any dosage.

I bought a tub with high hopes only to find out the shit is garbage, complete garbage.

Tell your friend to get a gym pass and start exercising, that helps me more then anything else, that and a healthy diet.

mobblunted said:
It doesn't matter what does you take, seeing as the shit does absolutely NOTHING at any dosage.

I bought a tub with high hopes only to find out the shit is garbage, complete garbage.

Tell your friend to get a gym pass and start exercising, that helps me more then anything else, that and a healthy diet.

While Piracetam is proven effective drug/supplement for treating many conditions and improving the health of healthy adults I don't see it of much value for MDMA side effects.

I have suffered from depression (diagnosed) most of my life. From my research, I believe it is what is called "atypical depression", but all the doctors I've encountered don't care about typical or atypical. Anyway, many years ago, when I was not on any medication, I suffered a devastatingly severe depressive episode after an orgasmically amazing night on MDMA. After a week, my severe depression was not going away, and I decided to seek medical help and was put on antidepressants. This helped me very much.

I have taken Piracetam as a nootropic at doses as high as 10 grams a day and I felt no effect, even after several months. Furthermore, Piracetam does not affect the parts of the nervous system that cause post-MDMA depression, so unless your friend had a stroke or something, it shouldn't help.

IMO, your friend needs to be put on an antidepressant. Talking, working it out etc won't help, it's an organic problem. An antidepressant should help, and I don't mean taking it once or for a week; He has to stay on it as per the advice of a good doctor. Also, if your friend is predisposed to depression, I suggest he avoid MDMA altogether; it's just not worth it. I don't mean to sound like an after-school-special. Most other drugs are probably fine, but not MDMA.

Short answer: if Piracetam does help, I'll eat my hat (American expression).

yeah, i bought a tub of piracetam also and i suppose i notice its effects somewhat, but its not like, a mood enhancer, it just makes thing clearer....kind of.....The highest dose I've tried in an hour period is probably 3 or 4 grams. I don't know what its "supposed" to do, but i bought it for the effects it has on lsd tripping.

Started taking it for school, and i think it does help. Improves memory slightly, makes things clearer. When i smoke and I'm on it, it kind of makes a difference- i don't get as high....i think...

anyways, i will eat my hat too if it helps lol

I think that piracetam could be beneficial in improving cognitive decline from MDMA overuse.

I find piracetam can have anti-nootropic effects if the dosage is too high (the supplement company will tell you otherwise, trying to get you to do all sorts of "attack dose" crap that makes no sense pharmacologically, because they want you to buy more of the stuff sooner).

800mg is the perfect dosage for piracetam. Any more than that can make your thinking cloudier. Also make sure to take your choline. :)

I find it helps make things a little clearer, helps me focus more and stay awake longer. I wouldn't call it a mood-enhancer, but I believe it could repair some brain damage from MDMA abuse. However, I'd really recommend Fish Oil or L-Trytophan (or 5HTP) over Piracetam. And LOTS of Fish Oil/5htp too!

I don't find it to be the best anti-depressant...in fact it usually makes me a little more irritated with the world (happiness for me is acceptance/'detachedness' of everything around me)

If you use piracetam you should probably boost your choline a little with a healthy donator (such as fish oil, lecithin, eggs, or some combination of the above). I find if I haven't recently boosted ACH then it doesn't work as well.

Also I find caffeine and nicotine to greatly synergize with piracetam.

If you'd like to know my nootropic regimen (on serious work days) it is:
1 tablespoon lecithin oil
2 grams fish oil
500mg piracetam (yes I dose very light with this just slight modulation from it)
nicotine patch
and 1 cup of coffee (anymore and its counterproductive)

This makes me into an insanely productive machine with my work (and my creativity is DEFINITELY improved also!)

also I find I need to only use piracetam 3 days a week for it to have effects every day of the week

in fact usually the day after is better cognitive effects than the day of (sometimes the day of I can get into a brain fog from the piracetam/choline combination)

So fish oil could be taken with piracetam as the choline supplement?

So fish oil could be taken with piracetam as the choline supplement?

yes sir its an excellent source (contains DMAE). It also has plenty of other good stuff in it. Fish oil is really the number one required supplement I use.

then:
creatine
multi
caffeine
piracetam

yes sir its an excellent source (contains DMAE). It also has plenty of other good stuff in it. Fish oil is really the number one required supplement I use.

then:
creatine
multi
caffeine
piracetam
I believe the amount of DMAE and choline analogues found in ordinary fish oil supplements does not match the amount Choline supplementation used in Nootropic support of Piracetam. I don't recall ever reading a figure on the amount of DMAE in fish oil supplements, as the measurement is concerned only with fatty acids. The "USDA Database for Choline in Foods" seems like a good source for some kind of calculation of natural choline sources, although DMAE is not listed. Anyway, choline salts, though not as bioavailabe as other sources seem to be the standard of choline supplementation, followed by Lecithin.

Without any measurement of a substance (choline, DMAE, etc) in a supplement that is intended as a source of another nutrient, I don't know how you can recommend it as the sole source of the mystery nutrient. I am referring to manufactured fish oil sold in gelcap form specifically or liquid. If you squeeze your own fish oil, you may have better luck.

most people do not have to use much choline with piracetam

in fact a little too much and it becomes counter-productive (we toss around the description of 'brain fog' to try to get across the feeling of being over-cholinated).

If the combo works, and no further choline source is felt necessary, then I say stick with what works, of course. :)

Definitely makes my head clearer, and I am more "focused" at tasks I need to do. I've given up caffeine indefinitely, so I've been taking this whenever I need a boost :

2 tsp lecithin granules (the best... love the nutty taste)
800 mg piracetam
200 mg sulbutiamine (I've researched that the proper therapeutic dosage is reported to be 12.5 mg/kg, which corresponds to 850 mg for a 68 kg (l50 lb) person in order for it to work effectively -- but I actually am fine with 200 mgs)

Works like a charm.

Last edited:
you mention 800mg as your dose. Does this mean you are buying pills? If so, you should know that buying in BULK can save you TONS of money over the long run. The pills are outrageously overpriced compared to the bulk powder. 700 GRAMS goes for under 20 bucks.

Yes, I buy pills. I dont take my nootropic stack regularly enough for me to want to get 700 grams, Im perfectly fine with what I'm spending for it now. But if I do change my mind, maybe you can give me some advice on how to do that thru pm. Thanks for the concern :)

just search google "bulk powder piracetam"

please don't PM me about how to get bulk piracetam I already get enough random PMs 8o